Father under scanner denied kid custody

The high court on Wednesday refused to grant custody of a three-year-old child to his father, who has spent 60 days behind bars for allegedly abetting his wife’s suicide.

She may be committed suicide when husband found her infidelity,but Indian courts always term,whatever reason women committe suicide,they make husband responsible and deny child custody to father

Justice Jyotirmoy Bhattacharya gave the custody of the boy to his maternal grandfather Shankar Debnath. The father, Bodhisatta Bose, will be allowed to meet his son once a week in the house of Debnath’s advocate.

“Though a child’s father is his natural guardian, here the father is facing a criminal charge of abetting his wife’s suicide. So, the court is not allowing his prayer for his son’s custody,” said Justice Bhattacharya.

A few months back, another judge of the court had awarded the custody of a five-year-old boy to his father, who was facing a similar charge, and observed that fathers are natural guardians of their children after their mothers’ death.

Bodhisatta, a resident of Basirhat, teaches in a primary school. He married Debnath’s daughter Jhuma in 2003. Their child was born in 2005.

On August 11 last year, Jhuma’s body was found in a pond near her in-laws’ house. Debnath, a resident of Barasat, lodged a police case alleging that Bodhisatta had abetted his daughter’s suicide.

“Bodhisatta was arrested a week after the incident and sent to jail custody by the Barasat court,” said Anjan Bhattacharya, the lawyer appearing for Bodhisatta, who is out on bail.

“Debnath had filed a case before the Barasat court seeking custody of his grandson,” added Bhattacharya.

“The court had granted my client’s prayer and allowed Bodhisatta to meet his son in my client’s house. Bodhisatta did not come to see his son and moved an appeal before the high court against the Barasat court’s order,” Biswajit Basu, the lawyer appearing for Debnath, said.

One thought on “Father under scanner denied kid custody

  1. Dear Sir/Madam,
    We got Married 05/03/2002, and have a daughter born 09/07/2005. My wife and she’s family given me 498a/34 IPC, FIR NO.276, date 31/08/2009, P.S.: BAGUIATI, it’s not true case, believe me. My wife are engaged/Affair with a boy (Sandip Samanta, S/O. Shankar Kumar Samanta S.B.I. Manager) his house front of my house, all the matters are know every person in my village, and also they given me written about my character. When my wife goes outside form my house near about many vory gold and cash 1.20 lack Indian rupees taken. Not taken my daughter, daughter is now in my house. My wife doing the 498a case’s date 31/08/2009 and I arrest 06/09/2009, court give me bail at 19/09/2009 my 1st court date is 16/10/2009 done. 2nd court date is 04/01/2010 done. Next court date is 07/07/2010 at Barasat court. Some proof (20 pcs. s.m.s., picture with the boy and a c.d.) has me about my wife and the boy that they are in illegal relation. Believe me I and my family love much more to my wife. They (My wife family) are very very poor and live in a bosti Address: 70/H/8 Manicktolla Main Road, Kolkata – 700054, Beside 5 Star Club, my mother see 1st time and she arrange my marriage, and Mother told me they are very poor so what? After marriage she is my family member, believe me not a single word is wrong. Before marriage my family not see my wife’s family, now we understand/also see that she’s family are very bad. My wife, she’s family and the boy they are misusing this law. Now my wife’s family understands all the affair matter. But my wife still now not agree she wants to marry to the boy. My wife left our only solitary daughter to me who is 4 years old having severe “Ashtama Disease, depends on INHEALER, here political Hide & seek game is going on & the father of the parents (THE FATHER OF THE BOY WHO HAS ILLICIT RELATIONS WITH MY WIFE) are rich, so they are spending money to everywhere with a view to be escaped. Now I decided that I’m not taken back my wife. I take a lawyer his name Mr. Kamelash Nandi. I don’t know what happened next? Now I went to punishment the boy. If possible please help me. Please investigate the matter and relief/save me and my family. And . My wife given me U/s. 125 Cr. P. C. Case NO.167/2009, date 16/12/2009. 1st Class Judicial Magistrate at Sealdah. 1st court date is 15/01/2010 done, 2nd court date is 12/02/2010.
    Dear all of my well wiser,
    Dear friend’s, actually I’m 100 percent victim, so I went to knowing my matter all the Indian and others. I write my matter to our local P.S., Local Councilor, all M.P., M.L.A., Minister in W.B, C.M. in W.B., CBI in W.B, CID in W.B, Governor in W.B, and President in India. P.M. in India, Human rights department, AAP KI KACHEHRI – KIRAN KE SAATH, Kolkata Police, my nation, all of the news channels, and all press, and many more, absolutely you also, But nobody help me, I think you can help me, so I write to you. I’m Punishment + harassment Without Crime.

    With kindest regards,
    Dipak Kumar Adhikari
    Tegharia(Dhali Para),NandanKanan. P.S.: Baguiati.
    P.O. Hatiara. Kolkata-700059 Email: dipakadhikari_59@yahoo.com PH. 9836149983
    W.B. India.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *